Thursday, February 13, 2020

Brooklyn






Since the response or better said, lack or it, that the review of "The Martian" got, it could have been for a ton of reasons, maybe you liked so much that you agree with everything but are ashamed to be associated with me so decided to not post anything, or you are too social and have tons of contacts and it got buried under a ton of cat videos and pictures of new born babies. I suppose it is the first, but just to be sure from now on I'll post the reviews on the afternoon so you could find it easy when there is nothing on TV.

By the way if you want to read the review of "The Martian" just go back is literally the picture before this one.

So here is the review of the day.

Brooklyn
AKA: Romantic comedy with some class, but romantic comedy after all.

Do you know the structure of a romantic comedy? If not go watch “Romantic Comedy 101” they teach you all you need to know, and you’ll see it everywhere it happens, that is the reason why I say romantic comedies are easy, because they are structured the same in a template and you just fill the blanks with a poor excuse of a plot.

Well this is a romantic comedy but made by the British, and if we know something about them is that they put some effort to make things right even in children’s shows. So this follows the template but with good writing and good acting so is fine.

The movie follows the journey of this girl that was nobody in her home town but goes to America to improve herself during the fifties or around that time. In America she grows like a person and becomes more confident, blah, blah, blah. Airport chase at the end.

The movie was shot in Canada so you might find some Canadian actors like Felicity from “Arrow” or Megan from “Mad Men”. Almost all cast are women, I don’t know if that is relevant but some people complain or applaud that to me is indifferent.

Everything is fine with this movie but again is not super great, it didn’t left me super exited or hated or anything so, I don’t think it should be nominated for Best picture, I’m sure there were better British films this year.

Sad but true I finish more upbeat after watching Room that after watching this one, this movie left me just meh, that seems to be the theme of this Oscar nominees.

*** 3 stars out of five, I mean a romantic comedy has to be really good to pass this grade to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment