Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Martian

The Martian
AKA: Let’s science with 70s soundtrack

Let’s save Matt Damon, AGAIN! This guy likes to get into trouble, Uh?

Well I heard that this movie is based on a bunch of blog posts that were like “how is this guy going to get out of this problem with science?” What I think is a good idea, especially for the US because there science is dead and they are going back to the Middle Ages but this is an attempt to educate people, and that is nice.

But outside of that little nice perk this movie feels like a “TV Movie” very simple very linear, yes lots of nice details of science but still no great development, yes lots of budget but I feel like is a little sloppy on the delivery, not great tension and the comedy is very light.

By some reason I never got into caring too much for Matt Damon, in part I suppose because at times it feels like a cheap web series where he is recording himself, to keep some sanity I suppose, in some Castaway homage I think, but also I think that everybody would do that, so it is fine, but anyway I felt it like distant and as I said never related to what was happening. Someone could say “Is because is in Mars and is not close to your experience” but I think is more for the reactions because I can see Sci Fy or fantasy and feel totally related with what is happening, I suppose that there is never a thinking part, those always got edited away, he just appears again with the solution, like in a web series because you need to save time in your 7 minutes episodes, which is what every scene goes if you check.

Anyway this movie is filed again in the “Meh” pile, it would have been a good TV Movie but I like it was nominated just to make some Americans watch real science and not some pretentious movie like interstellar that teach them nothing but made them feel like they know advanced physics.

*** 3 stars out of five because is totally forgettable is not great not horrible

No comments:

Post a Comment